Host A Great Holiday Party with 7 Simple Tips!
Lights! Family! Desserts! The holiday season can be an exhilarating time! But, for many, it can also be a tad on the stressful side – especially when it comes to entertaining.
Each year, there seems to be more pressure to host the perfect party … and with our 7 simple tips, we want to make it a whole lot easier on you!
- Assemble your Guest List – Decide how formal or relaxed you want the party to be, and think about who you want to invite. Once you have your guest list settled, send your invitations out sooner than later. Schedules fill up rather quickly, so at least four weeks in advance is a good rule of thumb!
- Consider the Mood – What special items would create the ambiance that you’re going for? Pinterest is an excellent tool for party planning. You can browse pins, and collect your favorite images, lists, and ideas. Once you have a few pins collected, you can start to see a trend, and nail down your eventual look and feel.
- Get Creative – Once you know the guest list and general look, it’s time to get your plan in motion! Etsy is a great place to buy unique, hand-made decorations and gifts. Think about ways to set your party apart and make it a really unique event. Rather than expense, the most memorable parties are those that make the guests feel welcome and thought of.
- Buy Ahead – Begin to gather your party goods well before your event. Stores often run out of items, so shopping ahead helps you either get what you need or gives you enough time to substitute the particular item. Never buy ‘just enough’. As the old adage goes, “it is better to have and not need, than to need and not have.”
- It’s All In the Details – Set the mood with well-chosen seasonal tunes, and remember to keep the music low enough to encourage conversation. If a guest has food allergies, ensure there are food items that they can also enjoy. It’s a good idea to have a plan B in mind, so if the unexpected happens, you have a predetermined plan for dealing with it. Don’t let the unexpected wreak havoc on your good time.
- Gift Master – You never know when you might be faced with a surprise gift exchange! Storing a few extra gifts ensures that you’ll never be caught off-guard. A bottle of wine, special tea, scented candles, and baked goods are great inexpensive gifts that are not too specific, and also succeed in creating a caring impression.
- Just Chill – At the actual event, you need to chill out. Spend time giggling, grinning, and chatting with your guests. If you relax, kick back, and enjoy yourself, your guests will too.
We hope this list helps you out, and we’d love to hear about you! What are some of your best party planning ideas? Share your tips with your McLean VA Dentist, Sherry Kazerooni, DDS and leave a comment below!